To: Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis@neustar.biz>
cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Bernie Hoeneisen <bernie@ietf.hoeneisen.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:03:53 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Proposal for new work

Hi Ed et al.

In the times I was still working with Switch I made a study about
different implementation variants of the Transfer command. The conclusion
was that almost every Registry had implemented the Tranfer in a different
way.

This study might help to englighten some of the shortcomings of EPP.
Unfortunately I only found a Draft Version of that study made in 2006:

   http://ucom.ch/presentations/EPP_Transfer_Variants_20060920.pdf

[Please note, that the information in that document is most likely
outdated (2006). As it is a draft version, it also contains inaccuracies.]

At some CENTR Tech meeting I presented the results of that study.
If you have a CENTR login, you can find those slides at:

  https://www.centr.org/main/lib/g1/3278-CTR.html

Hope this helps to better understand the problem space.

Have fun!

cheers,
  Bernie

---

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Standardization