To: "Michael Young" <myoung@ca.afilias.info>
Cc: "'Andrew Sullivan'" <ajs@shinkuro.com>, "'EPP Provreg'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:35:54 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] a question for the list

On 19 jan 2010, at 13.54, Michael Young wrote:

> I think we need to separate
> discussions about updating the core protocol and consolidating efforts
> around extensions.  Consolidating efforts around extensions seems like a
> reasonable goal in principal to me, changing a core protocol that in use
> supporting almost all of the internet is a much more serious objective that
> I think needs some serious justification (ie,that vital shortcomings cannot
> be addressed through extension work).

True, I agree with this view.

I have implemented epp from ground up for .SE, and working on extending for other TLDs

So here is a voice from a registrar that would support _some_ work on synchronization while the cost for even making changes is lower than what it will be to have eep + private extensions in every TLD in the world.

The goal I think should be to be able to use the same epp client and server implementation for more than one TLD.

   Patrik