To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
Cc: "Alexey Melnikov" <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:23:52 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] EPP Implementation Report Help Needed

At the IESG's request, I need to find a few volunteers that are willing
to describe their EPP client implementation experience as part of an
effort to update the existing implementation report for the protocol.
I've been asked to confirm that clients and servers are performing
additional certificate identity validation steps that are described in
4934bis [1].  Both of the clients used in the original report (Key
Systems and DotRegistrar) appear to be unreachable now, so I need to
find others to complete the matrix.

I need to find two independently-developed client and server
implementations that can confirm that they are performing the checks and
that everything works OK.  I'll take care of updating the report.

Can anyone help?

-Scott-

[1] See section 9 of 4934bis, "the EPP client MUST check its
understanding of the server server name/IP address against the server's
identity as presented in the server Certificate message in order to
prevent man-in-the-middle attacks".  The need is to confirm that both
clients and servers are validating each other's identity as described in
the new certificate processing text.