To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: <Chris.Newman@Sun.COM>, <lisa@osafoundation.org>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <iesg@ietf.org>, jaap@nlnetlabs.nl
From: Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis@Neustar.biz>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:09:09 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RE: Standards Track Advancement Request for EPPRFCs

Scott,

I admire your patience over advancing this.

NeuStar has been using EPP for a long time, in a lot of ways, and
reliably for our domain name registry business.  We have even already
implemented the DNSSEC extensions and whatever extensions have been
needed for our business model.

When I talk to other registry operators, EPP is nearly always
mentioned.  Operators have been and still are converting to it.  I
don't think the RIRs have but just about all TLD operators I have
come across use it.

Registry operators tend not to document this nor issue reports
measuring this.  Other tasks take precedence.

Regarding the options - I've never run into any issue with the
original spec, I doubt that we have updated anything for quite a
while.  (We did add DNSSEC extensions and some others, but nothing
touching the base.)  So I don't have a real opinion on the needed
changes.  (As in I don't think/know of anything [is] needed.)

At 8:29 -0500 12/18/08, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> [...]

Edward Lewis
NeuStar                    You can leave a voice message at +1-571-434-5468

Never confuse activity with progress.  Activity pays more.

Home | Date list | Subject list