To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:11:31 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Question concerning Status clientRenewProhibited

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 02:54:17PM +0000, Asbjorn S. Mikkelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like Go Daddy is using this status for my domains when I
> request them to "Lock" my domains:

This might be just historical accident.  The original .info
implementation, which was based on the earliest drafts around, used
clientLock and serverLock instead of these more-granular status
values.  Similarly, when we move a registry from RRP to EPP, we have
to map the various LOCK status values into the granular EPP values.
In both cases, our answer was to add as many of the EPP status values
as needed to emulate the more-comprehensive status, so we included
*RenewProhibited part of the "package" from a LOCK.  It was a sane
map, and since registrars often use the expression "to lock a
domain", I expect the behaviour will hang around for some time.

<andrew@ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf@jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110

Home | Date list | Subject list