To: Alexander Mayrhofer <axelm@nic.at>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se, Andreas Papst <andreas.papst@univie.ac.at>
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:46:10 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Question regarding contact:disclose behaviour.

Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're moving towards EPP enabling .at, but there is an open question
> regarding how "contact:disclose" should work (we are going to use that for
> hiding certain elements in a legacy whois service). Section 2.9 of RFC3733
> contains the following example about "contact:disclose":
>
 > [...]
>
> I'd appreciate feedback on how that was originally intended, and would like
> to see some clarifying text about this in 3733bis...
>
> Additionally, i'd like to hear from implementors about their currently
> implemented policy regarding this - i think it would be very confusing to
> clients if server behave differently...
>
> thanks,
>
> Alex Mayrhofer
> nic.at / enum.at

Hi Alexander,

an earlier discussion with Scott revealed to me that the current approach does
not allow to set the disclosure of one element and the non-disclosure of another
element at the same time. Maybe this is the same that puzzled you.

Regards,

Klaus

      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeißer-Weg 9
      Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
      Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list