To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:49:46 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Implementation Report Findings

Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> I've started writing the implementation report needed to move the EPP
> documents from Proposed Standard status to Draft Standard Status.  While
> looking at the implementation test matrix that was described on the list
> some time ago, I found that there's only one feature that no one has
> reported testing: use of the "roid" attribute when doing a domain
> transfer.
>
> Has anyone implemented this feature?  We need to document a successful
> client-server test if this feature is to remain in the protocol.  If we
> can't document a successful test, it's supposed to be removed before the
> domain mapping (3731/3731bis) can advance.  That means a schema change,
> protocol version revision, etc.
>
> Please reply here if you've implemented this feature.
>
> -Scott-

Hi Scott,

although this feature is obviously not implemented anywhere, I personally would
not remove it, simply because of the symmetry and the "E" in EPP. Being
implemented somewhere is not a good indication of being worth to be supported in
future versions of the protocol anyway. For example, the "ok" status value is
likely implemented by all registries, but it is factually completely useless, as
there would be no loss of information if it is simply omitted.

Regards,

Klaus

      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeißer-Weg 9
      Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
      Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list