To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: janusz <janusz@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:46:38 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Summary of Test Matrix Discussions

The change of the text suggested by Scott would make the <value> element
more helpful. Afilias registry team was evaluating possibility of fully
supporting the current text but scalability considerations and
implementation cost were the main factors behind the decision to phase
out support for the element.

Janusz Sienkiewicz

Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

>I should note that there's another possibility: we can change the text
>in the document to say that other info can be provided in the <value>
>element.  That's something to consider if implementers are finding more
>value (no pun intended) in returning info other than XML elements.
>
>-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list