To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: janusz <janusz@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:51:52 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] EPP Implementation Test Matrix

Some registrars in their clients implementations don't rely on
idempotency in EPP protocol and I can understand that the feature does
not help them in any way. However there is a large group of registrars
who explicitly or implicitly depend on the feature. Without idempotency
enforced on the server side the ratio of registrars complains obout
transform commands submitted "by mistake" would increase significantly.
That would eventually lead to higher client implementation and
maintenance cost. I would certainly not recommend removing idempotency
requirement from EPP protocol. The feature IMO brings overall more value
to EPP client than servers implementers and operators.

Janusz Sienkiewicz

Home | Date list | Subject list