To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@nlnetlabs.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:12:46 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Registry Escrow Information as EPP Spec?

[Was stuck in a spam trap, resending --jaap]

    From: Andrew Newton <andy@hxr.us>
    Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:33:55 -0500
    To: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>

On Feb 21, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Aside from the XML problems with the escrow spec, I have the
> reservation that the escrow requirements (or at least, the ones I've
> had to comply with) wouldn't actually allow one to rebuild the
> registry if one were reduced to using it.  My own view is that it is
> inadequate, therefore.

Escrow requirements would seem to be a superset of which the database
serialization is one component.

> It seems to me that you _could_ represent most of the
> content of an EPP-provisioned registry simply by outputting all of
> the EPP commands necessary to generate the content of the registry.

Another approach is to use Section 5 of RFC 3981.  Of course, it
would be much better with DREG2, which Fred and I are trying to get
out the door.

-andy

Home | Date list | Subject list