To: "Edward Lewis" <Ed.Lewis@Neustar.biz>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:22:59 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] 3730 <poll> Text Change Proposal

Ed, the primary reason I thought it best to ditch 2119 keywords is that
this part of the spec isn't describing an interoperability issue.  It's
describing an implementation issue.  I'm OK with a SHOULD if that makes
it more clear that the text is describing implementation guidance
instead of a protocol mandate, but I think a "can" works here, too.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list