To: "Andrew Sullivan" <andrew@ca.afilias.info>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:44:00 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] EPP Document Updates

The problem I see with trying to match status values to object
attributes is that the attributes aren't static.  More can be added by
extension, and then what?  Do we need to go back and update the domain
mapping to deal with new extension attributes?  It makes much more sense
to deal with special cases using extensions.

Which leads me to this: there *is* a way to deal with this in the
protocol right now:

- Do not use serverUpdateProhibited at all if you wish to allow some
updates, but not others.

- Define an extension to add new status values that match local registry
update policy.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list