To: Andrew Newton <andy@hxr.us>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:33:46 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] schemaLocation required?

agreed. furthermore in the example given in Section 4.3.2 it states

   ...all schema location information can be declared on the document
   element of a document, if desired, regardless of where the namespaces
   are actually used.

which would mean they could be declared in the <epp> start tag and not
in its chidren.

it is preferable that we agree in the <greeting> and allow the
xsi:schemaLocation to beoptional for the rest of the session.

anyone else have thoughts on this?

-rick

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Andrew Newton wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2004, at 2:26 PM, Rick Wesson wrote:
> >    is the  xsi:schemaLocation attribute a MUST ot a MAY? the above
> >    language isn't expressly clear about it.
> >

> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#composition-instances
>
> Section 4.3.2, item 3, 2nd paragraph.
>
> My interpretation is 'MAY'.
>
> -andy