To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 07:43:43 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RE: draft-hollenbeck-epp-rgp-01.txt comments/proposal

Jim and I had a long talk about his ideas before he sent them to the list.
I encouraged him to do so since I knew others were looking at ways to
implement RGP.

While I don't personally like the idea of adding new command verbs
(extending the protocol) for operations that seem (to me) similar to an
existing operation, I do think that Jim might be right about redemption not
really being an extension of renewal.  I'm thinking about the merits of
changing the extension from the <renew> command to the <update> command.
How would that sit with those of you who care about the RGP?

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list