To: "'ietf-provregcafaxse'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Mike Lampson <lampson@iaregistry.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:17:02 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Question about Transfer query command

Dear List,

I have some more questions - this time about the transfer command:

I note that between draft-ietf-provreg-epp-domain-05.txt and
draft-ietf-provreg-epp-domain-07.txt that the formal syntax for transferType
has changed.  The element authInfo now has a minOccurs="0" attribute.

Q1: Are there any other cases other than "query" where authInfo may be
ommitted?

Q2: If an authInfo value is provided with the "query" command, should it be
ignored or should an error occur?  Should the error be conditional based on
the validity of the authInfo value?

The action that I am trying to accomplish is to verify the accuracy of a
customer-entered authInfo value without actually initiating a transfer
request.

Thanks,

Mike Lampson
The Registry at Info Avenue, LLC