To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
cc: <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>, <hardie@qualcomm.com>, <jaap@sidn.nl>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:30:15 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] provreg wg responses to IESG comments

wow, its amazing that this process works sometimes, ant to all those that
have worked on the documents, and especially scott, a hearty thank you.

i do still have one issue with the language "for marketing purposes"

I know of no AUP under any TLD that allows a contact to be used for ANY
marketing purpose, and as suck I request this language be changed to

<contact/>: Contact information not restricted by contact, though other
AUP may apply.

also specificly strike "for the promotion of a product or service."

no registry has ever allowed this and most specificly prevent such, this
doesn't be long in an RFC.

I know all the above was unintentional and i'm sure once you think about
it you'll agree too.

best,

-rick

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Edward Lewis wrote:

> 2. Within the optional dcp (data collection policy) element: there is a
> non-technical spin in at least the following label definition, what kind of
> marketing is meant?
>
>    <contact/>: Contact for marketing purposes.
>
> Please add more to this definition so that is more neutral in in its
> terminology.
>
> RESOLUTION: The description of this element has been changed as follows:
>
> "<contact/>: Contact for marketing purposes.  Information can be used to
> contact individuals, through a communications channel other than the
> protocol, for the promotion of a product or service.".

Home | Date list | Subject list