To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
cc: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:52:13 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] legal entity vs individual person

Ed,

I don't know how to compare one of these:

	<contact:disclose flag=N><t1><t2>...<tn></contact:disclose>

and one of these:

	<greeting>...<dcp><T1><T2>...<TN></dcp></greeting>

If not both can exist at any time, I don't care that I don't know how
to compare little-t thingees and BIG-T thingees.

All Andy's solved is flag is usefully valued in the range {0, 1, 2}. That
gets personal and impersonal data client-side policed distinctly, it does
not make the reconcilliation with the server-side policy any easier.

> Insinuating that the text doesn't work, as you do above, is not
> helping anyone at all.  Showing how the text doesn't work *is*
> helpful - if that is done, we can fix it.  We can't fix unhappiness,
> we can fix text.

Can I make it any clearer? I don't know the answer, and my preferred
solution, since this doesn't bother a soul other than myself, is to
treat the client-side stuff as broken by definition, and vastly too
expensive to fix.

Someone that cares can fix it. Or not.

Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list