To: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>, Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:29:33 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] legal entity vs individual person

http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2003-04/msg00069.html

>Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:25:38 -0400
>Sounds extentional. I can see some operators putting "business privacy" on
>the same level as "human privacy", and some not.

That one.  When you said that, my interpretation was that you see
this as a policy issue, not a protocol issue, hence EPP ought not
distinguish.

Using the word "extentional" (which Merriam-Webster has no definition
for) I assumed that you were urging that the distinction be shoved
into a policy specific extension, reinforcing the notion that the
protocol not make the distinction.

Based on my read of this, I saw that all contributors felt that the
protocol not distinguish.  With no other comments on the text at
hand, it certainly looked like consensus was reached.
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

"I'm sorry, sir, your flight is delayed for maintenance.  We are
pounding out the dents from the last landing."

Home | Date list | Subject list