To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
cc: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>, Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:10:23 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] legal entity vs individual person

> As far as your input, it seems that in one message you did not want
> to make a distinction between personal and corporate.

If it isn't too difficult, in which message?

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:00:59 -0400
Putting org in is a mistake. People have "privacy", non-people don't.

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:52:11 -0400
I don't mind a mechanism existing for "secrecy", but I do mind calling it
"privacy".
So, if a mechanism to partition the read-access on a repository is desired,
and general, that part that meets the policy meta-requirement for "privacy"
(and data protection) can be packaged as "privacy" (and dcp). That part that
meets other policy reqiurements can be packaged as "other".

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:36:47 -0400
non-disclosure by a legal entity (not an individual person).

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:25:38 -0400
Sounds extentional. I can see some operators putting "business privacy" on
the same level as "human privacy", and some not.

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:39:36 -0400
Data that may identify individual persons is identified and policied.
See <mumble>.

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:15:03 -0400
I think such an assertion is fundamentally unlearned.

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:24:29 -0400
It is possible to have both a sensible individual "privacy", and a sensible
non-individual "secrecy", but not by asserting that the two are utterly
indistinguishable.

God am I tired of this.
Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list