To: Ed Allen Smith <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
CC: edmon@neteka.com, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Andrew Newton <anewton@ecotroph.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:47:24 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Proposed Text for Contact Mapping Disclosure Elements

Ed Allen Smith wrote:

> And? Corporate entities have significantly higher requirements for public
> identity information being available than do people; this is generally
> considered a requirement for their being considered legal entities in the
> first place.

In the non-people legal entity realm, there are even distinctions
between what may be made private and what must be public.  A large
multinational corporation must make much more information public than
does a one-man consulting shop, but they are both non-people legal entities.

And while there may be few or no jurisdictions making distinctions
between the "privacy" or "secrecy" requirements of various sized,
various functioned organizations, it doesn't mean there cannot be or
never will be any.

So I agree with Ross.  Whether info about an org is non-public is a
policy issue.

-andy

Home | Date list | Subject list