Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:12:27 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Proposed Text for Contact Mapping Disclosure Elements

[cc: trimmed - sorry if anyone on the line isn't on the list...]

> > Putting org in is a mistake. People have "privacy",
> non-people don't.

I'd have to agree with Edmon's disagreement, but for different reasons.
There are very specific and very reasonable instances in which orgs
might desire some level of privacy, but this is usually called
"secrecy". Instinct tells me that the question of whether or not it is
appropriate is something that's better sorted out by local policy.

So I think I'd like to see it left in...gotta keep local policy busy.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/

Home | Date list | Subject list