To: <paf@cisco.com>, "Ted Hardie" <hardie@qualcomm.com>, "Ned Freed" <ned.freed@mrochek.com>, <randy@psg.com>, "Edward Lewis" <edlewis@arin.net>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@neteka.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:59:57 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] provreg's privacy issue

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edward Lewis" <edlewis@arin.net>

>      why do domain/contact/.. not have granular information about privacy?

I am not sure if the draft that I am working on would help:

http://ner2r.com/draft-ietf-provreg-epp-privacy-00.txt

The document proposes an EPP extension to handle Domain Contact Privacy
Profiles and is kept extremely flexible so that it should be able to adopt
to registry mandated or client enforced/suggested privacy profiles.
It basically describes a private/public toggle for as well as a way to
announce registry policy on each attribute of each contact in a domain name.

This is in fact something similar to what we have implemented for a client.
Mainly for what contact info could/must be published through the WHOIS.

One thing that this current draft has not addressed is if there needs to be
different types of disclosure to different types of querying entities.  But
could be added by allowing multiple policies and to add a policy type
attribute.

Have to admit however that the bulk of the wordings in the document itself
was stolen from Scott's enum draft.  Well... I think Scott did a good job in
providing a great template for EPP extension docs. :-)

Edmon

Home | Date list | Subject list