To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: edlewis@arin.net
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:03:58 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] proto-agenda

Based on what I've seen on the list:

1) Getting to the bottom of the privacy issue - the one in front of
us, that is.

2) Alternate transports

3) IDN in EPP

Does anyone still want to discuss a problem with ROID?

Here are action items I recorded in December:

1. Respond to the IESG comments.

Most of the comments are easily addressed.  A few need further
discussion (and are listed as separate action items).

2. Come to a final understanding of UDP and EPP.

There have been some words posted to the "outlawing" of UDP, one
response was to require stream based protocols.

3. Clarify the adoption of P3P concepts.

P3P was written for website environments, not a business to business
situation.  This is reflected in some of our examples and needs to be
cleaned up.

Rick Wesson volunteered to summarize a discussion on privacy issues.
It might be up to us to forge new ground here as we are one of the
few protocols that gathers personal information (for registration
information).

4. Whether or not we adopt a work item for the SOAP 'as transport' draft.

A thread has been started on the list, but the results are luke warm for now.

5. An SMTP mapping is all but dead in the water.

Unless someone objects on the mail list, we're dropping all
milestones relating to SMTP.

6. Continue to progress on Guidelines.

No sense of urgency, at least not until we get #1 above done.

Two other action items...

7. Clean up the milestones.

After the meeting we talked and decided that the milestones on the
web page aren't sufficiently descriptive.  Before fixing them, #4 and
#5 need answers.

8. Discuss 'lastVerified' - mandatory, extension or optional

9. Discuss handling of external hosts

Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list