To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Cc: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Joe Abley <jabley@isc.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:08:08 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: privacy

On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 15:53 Canada/Eastern, Edward Lewis wrote:

> At 11:15 -0500 1/8/03, Joe Abley wrote:
>> I suspect that the requirements need work (or at least they need
>> input based
>> on real-life registry policy, as opposed to policy assumed by the
>> IESG).
>
> It's not so much the issue for a registry but for a registrar, which I
> sense isn't being considered.

I haven't been considering the registrar position much, that's true.

However, if the protocol collides with policies of different
registries, then registries are going to be obliged to break the
protocol in order to deploy it. You can bet that different registries
will break the protocol in different ways.

This does not sound like something that will improve the chances of
client interop.

Joe

Home | Date list | Subject list