To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
cc: Richard Shockey <rich.shockey@neustar.biz>, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>, Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <iesg@ietf.org>
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:58:50 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: privacy

> nope.  to repeat yet again.  we are not discussing privacy *policy*.
> we are discussing a mechanism by which a wide set of policies may
> be implemented.  operating system theory 101.

maybe we had different instructors... to discuss capabilities of
implementing a policy we must understand the range of policies and that is
clearly out of scope for this group.

I took shop class too, where we learned about square pegs, round holes
and hammers, none of which is of any benefit here.

best,

-rick

Home | Date list | Subject list