To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Hong Liu <lhongsms@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 05:12:22 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: EPP Compliance (Was Re: lastVerified: optional vs. extension)

Scott,

Thanks for the comments. I agree with your points. I
just want to validate them on the list. I think that
goes a long way to clarifying mis-conceptions that
some people may claim.

So what does it mean by implementing EPP standards by
IETF for domain registries? Does it mean that it
_must_ implement the following EPP "core" documents as
is when they become RFCs?

- EPP base
- Domain mapping
- Contact mapping
- Host mapping
- TCP mapping (???)

Of course this is the minimum set of specifications.
One can always implement additional features as
extensions to domain/contact/host objects.

[I don't know if TCP mapping should be included in the
minimum set or not.]

--Hong

--- "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>