To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 22:31:30 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: lastVerified: optional vs. extension

Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

Hi Scott,

> Yes, thanks to you I have an understanding of what .de is doing and how it
> works.  You're quite incorrect, though, to claim that I or anyone else
> ignored the .de model or your points.  I (and several others) _disagreed_
> with your points.  That doesn't mean your position was ignored, and it's an
> assault on reality to claim otherwise.

No, no. I have don't have any problems if there are multiple positions
regarding a topic with good arguments for each one and not mine is taken
at the end.
But regarding the discussion I'm referring to, it was like convincing
the pope that the earth is a sphere and not the center of the universe.
You insisted on your position without taking my arguments into account.
At least this appeared that way to me.

> Don't forget that my last proposal for addressing out-of-zone hosts (which
> tilted towards the .de model, by the way) has also not been incorporated
> into the documents.  That example, and the reality of how your comments were
> addressed, is a measure of how the consensus process works.  I'm not about
> to suggest that my inputs on the issue were ignored just because the WG
> didn't go along with them, though.

Well, at the moment I don't know which proposal you are referring to,
but let me say that external hosts were never a problem to me. The
problem I had and still have are the in-zone hosts - who is allowed to
create them and under which conditions they are used for the creation of
glue records. I explained more than once to you that your model does not
have the high level of security/reliability you claim. I got the
impression that it wasn't a communication problem that you did not
understand me, but that you just *didn't want* to understand me. I have
to admit that this really hurt me somewhere.

> -Scott-

regards,

Klaus

      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeißer-Weg 9
      Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
      Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list