To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, "'Edward Lewis'" <edlewis@arin.net>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: jaap@sidn.nl
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:37:38 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: action items from our meeting in atlanta

At 8:53 -0500 12/5/02, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
>Ed, what do you think about the idea of a WG task to come up with some sort
>of a privacy extension?  If the IESG goes for that we can separate the issue
>from the rest of the documents (which allows them to progress) while still
>dealing with the issue.

Hmmmm (as opposed to hummmm;) ),

Seems to me that this looks like a promising way to go, but I don't
know if this will mollify the IESG comments we have to date.  We just
have two privacy ones and they are slight comments:

1) Allison's wanting us to clarify the 'marketing' thing.  (I'm
deeply paraphrasing here - folks should look at the comment as it
appears in the archive).

and

2) Randy's wanting more granularity in contact and <off-hand-it-escapes-me>

I'm doubtful that an answer saying 'we'll issue guidelines on this in
another (future) document' will settle these two items.  We need to
address these two directly to "pass."  However, it seems to me that
it would be a really good idea to have guidelines for privacy
extensions at some point - but I don't think that the promise of this
will qualify as a answer.

That's my co-chair answer based on 'process' and not technical content.
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list