To: "'Joe Abley'" <jabley@isc.org>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:08:25 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: <!DOCTYPE> declaration

Joe,

The <!DOCTYPE> element is not used in XML Schema instances -- it's only
needed when a DTD is used to validate the document.  All of the examples are
both well-formed and valid, and you can confirm that by running them through
a validating parser like Xerces-J.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list