To: Richard Shockey <rich.shockey@neustar.com>
cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:31:21 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: milestones, was Re: a week later...

Richard,

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Richard Shockey wrote:

> At 09:32 AM 12/2/2002 -0800, Rick Wesson wrote:
>

> > > Given that SOAP is still evolving, putting this on the experimental track
> > > might make sense if there's really sufficient implementation interest.
>
> I certainly would have no objection to experimental track.. I just hope
> folks will understand that over time the uses for this protocol may expand
> ...and as such people MAY wish to use transport layers that have a wider
> base of support and tool kits available.
>
> Over time I think folks will see the value of this work ..

I understand where you are comming from -- there is alot of general
interest in SOAP. So submit the I-D, the IESG is gonna ask us to take a
look at it any way.lets see the draft, there is nothing preventing you
from droping a copy to this list.

I think the number of things that can be provisioned over EPP is much
wider than this group has experence with. Having to manage a mult-ventor
SIP phone deployment is just one such endevor I'd love to see some folks
EPP standardize, but not in this wg. Lets charter specific groups to do
specific work.

best,

-rick

Home | Date list | Subject list