To: "Hollenbeck Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "wenzhe lu" <lwz@cnnic.net.cn>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:01:37 +0800
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se

Dear Scott,

I am from CNNIC(.cn registry). In our .cn registry system, an expired domain name will be
in pendingDelete status after it expires(I discuss this issue with you before
and you give us this suggestion, thx. :-). Do you remember? ). If the registry system
receive a renew command for this domain during the special pendingDelete preriod, it will
be in ok status again.But I have a question now:

In general, pend* means an atom action. A domain with pendingDelete status
will be deleted after days. But in the situation discussed above, a domain name with
pendingDelete status will be in two possible results: ok or deleted.

Do you think it is ambivalent for pendingDelete's semanteme?
If yes, what is your suggestion? Please tell me if you have any good idea. :-)

Best Regards,

Lu Wenzhe

Home | Date list | Subject list