To: "'Joe Abley'" <jabley@isc.org>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:24:57 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: format of contents of <domain:curExpDate>

> I can see how that would be the case if everybody in the
> world lived in
> the same time zone. It seems like it might cause friction otherwise,
> however.

This field isn't used for local interpretation purposes -- it's used _only_
to match the date as currently archived by the server.  We could instead
force a match on date, hours, minutes, seconds, and time zone, but that
would seem to increase opportunities for error.

This is such a nit that I really don't care, though.  If anyone else thinks
that it would be better to use a full date-time value in this field, please
speak up.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list