To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, ietf-not43@lists.verisignlabs.com, iesg@ietf.org
From: "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:36:54 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [Ietf-not43] Re: Last-Verified Date Contact Element

Rick,

I have similar concerns. I still don't know what this new element is for and
how it is going to be used.

I specifically quote Eric's email as important to note:

"It is true these elements are managed by the registry, but they are done so

In particular, without getting a clear explanation on what "verification"
means, I assume that it is the registrars' responsibility to do whatever
"verification" required, since it is the registrars that interface with the
registrants.

I don't mean to bring policy issues into this discussion. I just don't know
if we can address this issue in a vacuum.

--Hong