To: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:35:11 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: "private" Element Attribute

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 10:55:48AM -0400,
 Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net> wrote
 a message of 51 lines which said:

> In October 2000 the P3P Spec WG decided to split the APPEL draft out from
> the P3P Spec.
> Its a data collection practice announcement format specification, intended
> for data collection implementors and policy evaluation implementors. It is
> not a user preference announcement language,

P3P, yes. Not APPEL.

> In all the discussion I've had with data collectors and policy evaluation
> engine implementors in 2000, 2001, and 2002 I can't recall anyone making
> the case that a use-case for APPEL was communicating between the data
> source and the data sink.

It was discussed on the W3C P3P-policy mailing lists. See the archives
at <URL:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-p3p-policy/> for
instance the thread "Policy for an Internet registry".

Home | Date list | Subject list