To: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:55:16 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: "private" Element Attribute

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 09:50:57AM -0400,
 Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net> wrote
 a message of 68 lines which said:

> Unless the APPEL draft has changed significantly (and I'll check, I've
> got some P3P Spec WG due diligence to do anyway), APPEL remains a
> mechanism for user agents like IE6 or Mozilla to attempt to acquire a
> P3P policy from some P3P policy author.

Not at all and it never was. It is a mechanism to export privacy
preferences from the user to the database maintainer, exactly the
thing we want with the <private> element.

Home | Date list | Subject list