To: "'Stephane Bortzmeyer'" <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:26:22 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: "private" Element Attribute

> Eric provided one. To summary, APPEL can be seen as the "export
> format" of the privacy preferences that you configured in your Web
> browser. They could be sent to the registry in an EPP flow. Then, the
> registry will have a detailed (much more detailed than a binary
> public/private) knowledge of the user's preferences.

As far as I can tell this doesn't get us to element-level preference
specification unless APPEL-like elements are added to _every_ object
element.  That seems unworkable.

I'll have to poke this concept back at Patrik and Randy to see if a
higher-level preference expression like APPEL addresses their concern.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list