To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se, open-eu discuss <discuss@open-eu.org>
From: Sven-Holger Wabnitz <wabnitz@digital-security.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2002 11:58:54 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [wabnitz@digital-security.com: [open-eu] Open Registry Robot /EPP transport layer]

Am Mon, 2002-08-12 um 17.00 schrieb Hollenbeck, Scott:
> > Sent on a public mailing list of CORE so I assume I can redistribute
> > it.
>
> Well, this is certainly the right mailing list to discuss EPP I-Ds.  It
> would be nice if we could have the discussion here.
>
> I also hope the authors are well-versed on current IETF thinking around use
> of HTTP as a substrate as it has been hotly debated in the IETF in the past:
>
> ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3205.txt
>
> -Scott-

The rfc is known and the idea why rfc3205 was written is one of the
ideas to choose http as a transport layer for EPP. The issues
mentioned in rfc3205 have to be well discussed (more than one road
lead to Rome).

Regards,
Sven-Holger

Sven-Holger Wabnitz   DSS Gesellschaft fuer Digitale Sicherheit mbH
phone +49 2222 990-0            **             fax +49 2222 990-444
http://www.digital-security.com **            http://www.dominic.de

From the Portland Pattern Repository (de facto home of the
extreme programming discipline), hosted by Cunningham & Cunningham.

        "Life's too short to write code that nobody wants."

Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil

Home | Date list | Subject list