To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:40:52 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Proposed Document Changes

Scott,

I assume you resend this to see if there are more comments. I don't mean to
beat up the dead horse, but I would like you to clarify the two paragraphs
quoted below.

The first quoted paragraph, could you explain a bit why "congestion
control/ack" need to be defined if the proposed change is not made? Do you
mean application level framing for flow control (windowing mechanism)? I
just want to understand it.

The second quoted paragraph, could you clarify:
(1) What is the last command processed? Is it the last command per registrar
(client) or the last command per session of the client? I assume that a
client is allowed to established multiple sessions with the server.
(2) Why is <status> command ever needed if its use is so restricted? The
client can simply resend the command if it does not hear from the server
after a timeout. EPP ensures idempotency for each command, so there is no
harm to resend it.

Thanks in advance!

--Hong