To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Roger Castillo Cortazar <castillo@nic.mx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:59:51 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Proposed Document Changes

Hi everybody, I have a few questions about this changes proposed by Scott
that could be interesting

>- All text describing "asynchronous" operation needs to be removed/reworded.
>Instead, text describing the protocol's operating mode as "client-initiated
>command, server response" needs to be reinforced.  Without this change we'd
>need to define our own "congestion control/ack" service to handle the loss
>of instances that may be queued in the application queue-space (as when a
>server goes down).

So, the "synchronous" operation mode is going to be mandatory ?

How is the command-response operating mode going to be reinforced ?
- Is it that the client cannot send a command until he gets the response to
the previous one ?
- In other words: What happens if a client issues a command, before he gets
a response to a previous one ?
- Which response could he get if he issues a <status> for a command, and
that command is not yet completed?

I think this could be somehow linked  to the <status> command and the
server's caching responsabilities.

Any comments ?

Greetings.

Roger Castillo Cortazar