To: "'Liu, Hong'" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:38:48 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: TCP Mapping

> <HL>
> So Eric, you are for Scott's proposal to use the <extension>
> child element
> for defining the PUSH. Am I getting it right? Maybe you could
> expand on this
> topic a bit more... Indeed, this is the most important choice
> to make for
> our draft at the moment: how to tag a server-pushed message?
> Other issues
> will follow once we get this straightened out.
>
> If we adopt Scott's proposal, we may just define a new <push>
> command, a
> response, and possibly a few new respond code. The new
> command will be from
> the server to a client, which will break the base EPP model a
> bit. Are we
> going in this direction?
> </HL>

It doesn't "break the base EPP model" at all.  The extension mechanisms
exist for this very purpose; they just need to be used properly.  One hint:
if you have to change _anything_ in an existing schema, you're not defining
an extension properly -- you're modifying part of the protocol.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list