To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:31:49 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: TCP Mapping

I would like to stay focused on the issue I raised in this thread. If I was
not clear in previous emails, here we go again:

Issue: what would be the proper way to tag server-pushed messages from the
server?

Option 1: Use one bit in the Total Length header in the EPP datagram. This
is specific to the TCP transport mapping.

Option 2: Use <extension> child element of <epp>. This is transport neutral.

There may be other options, but those two are what I've seen so far.

I initially suggested option 1, and Scott has suggested option 2. I still
don't know what Eric's opinion is.

I want to hear what others on the list think.

Cheers,

--Hong