To: "'Robert Burbidge'" <robert.burbidge@poptel.coop>, "Ietf-Provreg (E-mail)" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:41:15 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: EPP and verification processes

[snip]

> Your thoughts and suggestions are of course welcome.

It sounds like you need to define a contact object extension (or extensions)
for the needs of your particular registry.  As you noted there's nothing in
the protocol to deal with registrant "verification", and that's because
verification is a very registry-specific thing.

You can see some examples of extension mappings in some I-Ds I've written.
There's one in the ENUM WG, and another individual submission under my name.
I'm not recommending that you write an I-D; it might be wise to consider if
such a document is really of interest to the IETF as a whole or if it's
really needed only by your customers.  If it's only needed by your customers
your best bet might be to craft your own document using the I-D as a
template, but to publish the document in whatever format and venue makes
sense for you and your customers.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list