To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick <patrick@gandi.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:50:24 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: <info> Command and authInfo

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:39:12PM -0500, Ross Wm. Rader took time to write:
> > Time will not change anything. auth_info for transfers just *adds*
> > another layer of complexity, and do not help _at all_.
> > If it was the contrary then why this last same week, both Afilias and
> > Neulevel sent an email to all Registrars, one explaining again what
> > the auth info is, the other saying that transfers will be blocked
> > because *current* (and they are using EPP...) state does not allow to
> > transfers without problems ?
>
> <non-technical munge>
> Sorry to jump in here, but in the cases you describe above, the issue seems
> to be largely social - and could probably be extended to any command in the
> spec. If any party to the transaction induced by a command cannot/will
> not/does not exhibit behavior conducive to transaction completing, then the
> command will always be useless.
> </non-technical munge>

Or the command was badely designed.
(it seems to me that if a Registry using EPP right now says that the
current state is not ok to do transfers... then it is not a social
problem of someone not willing to do something...)

Transfers are specific because it involves 4 entities
(Registry, 2 Registrars, Registrant).
Other commands include only 3 (Registry, Registrar, Registrant).

Patrick.

Home | Date list | Subject list