To: "'asbjorn.rrp@theglobalname.org'" <asbjorn.rrp@theglobalname.org>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:57:32 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: "External" hosts in EPP

Doesn't giving an option to copy the hosts put us right into the same
situation where host objects can get created without the client explicitly
creating them?  I _really_ think it's safer for the client to create
whatever hosts it needs before doing the transfer, and failing the transfer
request if a needed host hasn't been created.  It's an extra step up front,
but it avoids other notification and synchronization steps post-transfer.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list