To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: asbjorn.rrp@theglobalname.org
Date: 17 Dec 2001 11:52:00 -0000
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: <check> in epp-05...

Hi,

in all the mappings, <check> is defined as being "used to determine if an object may be provisioned within a repository".

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but reading 2.8.2 in the main draft again (epp-05), it states that <check> is used "to determine if an object is known to the server".

This is not the same thing, as an object might not exist (not known to the server), but may not be provisioned for other reasons (e.g., defensive registration for .NAME). I think the text in 2.8.2 should be changed to be consistent with the mappings...

Asbjorn

--
 The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s)
 or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential

Home | Date list | Subject list