To: "'Edward Lewis'" <lewis@tislabs.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: jaap@sidn.nl
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:28:12 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Provreg WG last call announcement

Here's my list of things that need to be fixed:

- The E.164 number recognition pattern in the contact mapping needs to be
fixed.  As it is right now, it incorrectly rejects numbers that contain more
than 12 characters in the local part if the country code contains less than
3 characters.  I'll forward a description of the problem and the proposed
fix to the list shortly.

- Text edits in the domain document to explain that the trailing dot
required to form a fully qualified DNS name is implicit rather then
required.

- Text edits to the domain document to add text to the <delete> description
to suggest that messages SHOULD be queued to all of the clients that manage
objects that are impacted by <delete> requests.

- Changing the postalLineLength limit in the contact document from 64 to 256
to provide more headroom for growth.  I know we talked about 64 vs. 255 on
the list, but I like working with powers of 2. ;-)

- Adding elements to the domain mapping to support delegation to hosts that
do not or should not need to exist as host objects.

and <chg> elements.

I've also had a private suggestion to make the <msg> element OPTIONAL in the
<result> element that's returned in each response.  This element is
currently used to provide a human-readable description of the response code;
the suggestion I received is that this isn't absolutely necessary if the
code itself is specified.  I can see where this text might be useful for
debugging, but maybe not as useful in normal everyday operations, so I'm
inclined to incorporate this suggestion, too.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list