To: "'Patrick'" <patrick@gandi.net>, asbjorn.rrp@theglobalname.org
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:13:52 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Domain as Nameserver

I agree that this sort of behavior isn't forbidden in the drafts, as it
shouldn't be.  If example.info can exist as a name server in the DNS (and it
can), the protocol should be able to provision a name server with that name.
It might be confusing, but it's DNS-legal.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list