To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:32:45 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: <status> Response

I should have asked this in my earlier note: what should be returned in
response to a <status> command?

I can see echoing back the transaction's clTRID if recognized by the server,
and an indication of success or failure.  Anything else?

At first I thought it might be a good idea to return the svTRID as well, but
this would essentially force implementations to keep all svTRIDs in a
database.  If an implementation logs some or all TRIDs instead of keeping
them in a database, getting to them to form the response won't really be
feasible.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list