To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Bason, Chris" <cbason@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:59:01 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Command Recovery

We could avoid requiring client trid uniqueness by making
a status command that provided additional options for the
query. For example, if a registrar needed to perform a status
command for a specific client trid, they could also pass
in the operation that was being performed (e.g. CREATE, UPDATE,
etc.) and the date that the command was transmitted.

The registry would then have 4 attributes to check for the
possible client trid being requested: registrar Id, operation,
transaction date and client trid. If multiple rows were found
for this combination then the status command would return a
multi-row result set. It would then be up to the registrar to
process the result set returned to determine whether the transaction
they are looking for was processed.

Chris Bason