To: "'Thomas Corte'" <Thomas.Corte@knipp.de>
Cc: Sheer El-Showk <sheer@saraf.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:16:48 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: interpretation of 'EPP idempotency'

No, this can't happen.  Every contact object has an associated identifier
(see the <contact:id> element described in sections 3.1.2 and 3.2.1 of
contact-02) that MUST be unique.  In the scenario you described, the first
command will succeed.  The repeat will fail.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list